QUT Faculty of Education
Increasing student diversity means that the typical classroom now spans a wide array of student abilities, interests and backgrounds. In such an environment, teaching and learning becomes an intensely complex process; one that is complicated by many variables.
The QUT Faculty of Education is looking for aspiring education researchers who are passionate about solving problems and finding real world solutions to join our Student Engagement, Learning and Behaviour (SELB) Research Group.
Be supervised by our world-leading researchers who are engaged in quality research that aims to improve the educational experiences and outcomes of all children and young people, but particularly those who experience difficulty in schools and with learning.The Student Engagement, Learning and Behaviour Research Group is looking for students interested in the following topics:
Inclusive Learning Environments
- Investigating the prevalence of, reasons for and alternatives to informal suspension and restrictive practices in Australian schools
- How inclusive is the use of new technologies in education? Investigating BYOD and app use in Queensland schools
- What impact does the requirement that girls wear skirts or dresses as school uniform have on the physical, social and academic wellbeing of adolescent school girls?
Student Engagement, Teacher-Student Relationships and Classroom Interactions
- Does teacher-student relationship quality affect parent-teacher interaction and/or parent-school partnerships?
Curriculum, Learning Experiences and Differentiation
- Improving senior secondary school achievement outcomes for students with ADHD and Developmental Language Disorder
- What impact, if any, is technological disruption, automation and AI having on young peoples’ future decision-making?
Because scholarship numbers are limited, QUT conducts one highly competitive scholarship selection round each year. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, you must apply for a research course before the closing date of the annual scholarship round, and indicate on your course application that you want to be considered for one of our main scholarships.
Phone 07 3138 3281 Email firstname.lastname@example.org