QUT Faculty of Education
Contemporary debates on teacher education include varied ideas around what attributes, effectiveness, professional knowledge and outcomes teachers require; how teachers should be selected to become teachers; and how they should be assessed.
The QUT Faculty of Education is looking for aspiring education researchers who are passionate about solving problems and finding real world solutions to join our Initial Teacher Education and Professional Learning Research Group through the QUT Annual Scholarship Round.
Be supervised by our world-leading researchers who are investigating and critiquing national ITE agendas, teacher performance assessment, non-academic entrance requirements, and the concepts of workforce and classroom “readiness”.
The Initial Teacher Education and Professional Learning Research Group are looking for students interested in the following topics
- Ensuring classroom readiness in teacher education
- Professional learning for quality teaching
- Regional, rural and remote education
- International comparative studies of teacher education: Policy and practice
Responding to external agencies
- Standards and accreditation reform in initial teacher education
- Understanding evidence of impact: methodologies linking initial teacher education to teacher performance
- Professionalism, professional standards, policy, accreditation, impact
Teaching for social justice and diversity
- Teaching to ensure academic achievement for English as an Additional Language/Dialect (EAL/D) students
- Social justice in initial teacher education and/or professional learning: Classroom-ready teachers for diverse and disadvantaged communities
Professional and practice-based learning
- Professional experience in initial teacher education
- Evaluating professional learning partnerships designed to support early career teachers
Because scholarship numbers are limited, QUT conducts one highly competitive scholarship selection round each year. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, you must apply for a research course before the closing date of the annual scholarship round, and indicate on your course application that you want to be considered for one of our main scholarships.
For more information on research degrees and scholarships visit our website.
For more information on the ITEPL Research Group, please visit our website.
Phone 07 3138 3281 Email email@example.com