QUT Faculty of Education
Research in STEM Education is critical for evaluating the major issues facing teaching and learning in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), understanding how young people engage with STEM concepts, and deciding how educators and education systems can build the STEM capability and STEM literacy of young Australians.
The QUT Faculty of Education is looking for aspiring education researchers who are passionate about solving problems and finding real world solutions to join our STEM Education Research Group through the QUT Annual Scholarship Round.
Be supervised by our world-leading researchers who are critically investigating young people’s relationships with STEM, effective pedagogy and learning environments, and supporting pre-service and in-service teachers and teacher educators in STEM-related fields.
The STEM Education Research Group are looking for students interested in the following topics
- STEM integration in schools and classrooms
- Indigenous education in STEM
- Improving student engagement with science
- Emotions in STEM learning
- STEM learning communities
- Engineering education
- Computational thinking including coding
- Robotics education
- Learning spaces and technology
- STEM and student diversity
- Mathematics learning in the early years
- Earth and Environmental Science Education
- STEM and Entrepreneurialism education
Because scholarship numbers are limited, QUT conducts one highly competitive scholarship selection round each year. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, you must apply for a research course before the closing date of the annual scholarship round, and indicate on your course application that you want to be considered for one of our main scholarships.
Phone 07 3138 3281 Email firstname.lastname@example.org