UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange, teaching and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) is undergoing a period of revitalisation and growth, and is committed to deepening it’s international footprint, and providing opportunity for students and researchers to collaborate and engage worldwide. The faculty enjoys strong representation through international internships, joint research projects, global exchange programs and offshore delivery in Hong Kong, China and Vietnam.
The Faculty is currently recruiting for a Manager, International Partnerships to focus on the implementation, review and management of the Faculty’s international activities, with particular attention to articulation partnerships.
You will build and maintain strong relationships across the Faculty, University and externally and will play an important role in building the reputation of the Faculty and managing delivery of consistent and professional support and strategic advice across the Faculty.
The culture of the Faculty is one that balances compliance with policy and procedure with a positive outlook of excellence, connectivity and responsiveness.
Main skills/experience required:
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills with the proven ability to set and understand priorities and to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and confidently communicate at all levels in the university, in public forums and in diverse cultural contexts.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with a capacity for systematic thinking.
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and proactive problem solving and decision making skills.
- A high standard of integrity coupled with a continuous improvement approach to work.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills, with capacity to work collaboratively, persuasively and diplomatically within a diverse University community and in a range of cultural contexts.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in managing an effective and cooperative team.
- Appropriate postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education
- Demonstrated experience in international activities within the higher education sector.
- Experience in complex project management including initiating opportunities, analysing issues and risks, developing feasible solutions, and managing deadlines
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent programs and activities
- Experience in interpreting and implementing strategy
- Experience in drafting, interpretation and implementation of rules, policies and procedures
- Experience in day to day financial management, forecasting and reporting
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $96,403 to $109,792 pa (HEW 8)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a fixed term full-time basis for a 24 month contract.
How to Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC98542, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria - these can be found on our website by clicking on the apply link. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC98542.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Thursday 17 August 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.