- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Project Services, University Services
Salary: An attractive remuneration package is negotiable, including 17% superannuation.
About University Services University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Project Manager is a member of the Business improvement and Information Technology (BI&IT) Team which sits within the Project Services portfolio.
About the role
The Program Manager Strategy Projects is responsible for the provision of timely expert advice to the University's Chancellery Major Projects team in the development of property, infrastructure, building and precinct development strategies, business cases and concept designs to the approval gateway. Additionally, manages the implementation of these major university projects from the approval gate through project delivery, transition to operations and handover.
Demonstrated extensive experience in:
- the planning, analysis, safe delivery and operational transition of major projects with values in excess of $50 million which have been delivered in complex operational environments
- the planning and delivery of a portfolio of major projects
- leading and working with multidisciplinary project teams
- influencing outcomes and working collaboratively with partners outside Project Services to achieve project expectations
- the management of major projects focused on managing the impacts on and ensuring effective communication with clients and stakeholders
- delivering major projects on time, within budget and which meet the operational expectations of clients.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to our website.
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Closing date: 28 August 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria: 0043790.pdf
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.