- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation, University Services
Salary: $79,909 - $86,497 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,500 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Partnerships Officer supports the management of the University's strategic partnerships with industry, government and other public and private sector organisations in order to grow the impact and benefits of these collaborations. These partnerships are underpinned by the objectives of the Research@Melbourne Strategy. Reporting to the Manager, Customer and Partnerships Support, the Partnerships Officer provides administrative and ongoing coordination support to the Business Development team within the Research, Innovation and Commercialisation (RIC) portfolio and to Chancellery and the Academic Divisions.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about continuous improvement and innovation with a proven record of influencing and engaging others with your leadership skills. Your strong customer centric focus will ensure you build strong working relationships.
- Completion of a degree, with subsequent relevant experience
- Experience in the provision of broad and high-level administrative support and coordination in a complex environment
- Prior experience in relationship management and ongoing operations or project management OR Demonstrated ability to take the lead on communication and relationship management in the context of the role
- Excellent written communication skills, able to independently generate activity analysis, reports, and general correspondence for external parties and internal stakeholders
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, visit our website.
The University is a vibrant campus; whether it's lunchtime music events or free public lectures, there is always something to attract your interest. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 11 Jun 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.