- 12 month fixed term full time appointment
- Salary range: Level 4 $62,110 - $66,113 p.a. or Level 5 $67,114 - $74,624 p.a.
- Appointment level depending on experience
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The School of Anatomy, Physiology and Human Biology was formed in 2012. The School makes a significant contribution to the BSc majors in Anatomy and Human Biology, Physiology, Neuroscience and Biomedical Science. The School also contributes to medical, dental and paramedical education in all tertiary institution within Western Australia.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will be required to undertake cardiovascular research duties that meet the aims of National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) funded projects.
You will provide innovation and input into planning and design of experiments, undertake research activities and record and analyse results and data.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualification BSc or BSc(Hons) in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or Physiology or Biomedical Sciences
- Relevant research experience at an appropriate level
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
Experience with animal handling and colony management as well as molecular biology techniques, immunoblot techniques and fluorescent microscopy technique will be highly considered.
Closing date: Tuesday 13 June 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria. Please see the position description prior to applying: 316450.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.