- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Student Administration, University Services
Salary: $68,892 - $79,130 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Graduate Research Officer is a member of the Graduate Research Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Graduate Research Officer provides high-quality support and advice for staff in academic divisions in relation to the effective management of graduate research candidature and examinations at the University.
The position reports directly to the Graduate Research Coordinator, and resides in the Graduate Research team within Academic Services (Student Administration). This team supports graduate research students and academic divisions by providing advice and interpreting policy, processing high-risk candidature variations, issuing regular reports, offering business process training, coordinating staff and student-facing information, coordinating the examination of all graduate research theses, and providing executive support for unsatisfactory progress and academic misconduct.
The Graduate Research Officer is customer-service focused with excellent communication skills, has the ability to set priorities to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment, has excellent attention to detail, and can apply appropriate judgement and guidance on graduate research candidature management matters including sensitive cases.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in an administrative or customer service role.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and a proven ability to consistently deliver high quality administrative services and advice in a changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write staff- and student-facing web content, process guides, reports and minutes for a variety of audiences.
- The ability to prioritise a range of tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and flexibly both as a team member as well as independently.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 30 May 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria