- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Service, Campus Services, University Services
Salary: $88,171- $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Data Analyst is a member of the Campus Services Team which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
Reporting to the Asset Performance Manager, this role will be responsible for the establishment and ongoing implementation of a comprehensive data platform. The role will manage and deliver data insights for the University; focussing on asset performance, covering buildings, utilities / services, sustainability and grounds. The role will involve working across a number of teams within Campus Services. The role will involve engaging and consulting with key stakeholders to develop, collect and analyse asset performance data; and prepare reports for Senior Management.
- Graduate qualification or progress towards graduate qualifications in economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, or related research discipline required coupled with extensive relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and statistical analysis software packages.
- Familiarity with computerised asset management systems (Maximo or similar).
- Financial analytical skills (i.e. NPV, discounted payback, sensitivity analyses, etc.).
- Proficiency in the visual display of information for reports and presentations.
- Ability to deliver insights from complex data sets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to produce high quality written reports.
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with sound judgement and a high level of initiative to formulate, develop and implement
- new ideas.
- Excellent problem solving and conceptual skills with a practical 'can do' approach.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships both internal and external to the organisation, including the ability
- to build consensus and influence in negotiations across a broad audience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level advice, capacity to review and analyse systems, processes, policies and procedures, and to
- recommend effective improvements.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 30 May 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria