The Australian Rivers Institute within Griffith Sciences is one of Australia's largest university aquatic ecosystem research groups with globally recognised expertise in river, catchment and coastal ecosystems and the interaction with these systems in society. We bring together 150 staff and post-graduate students at the Nathan and Gold Coast campuses.
We are seeking an innovative and quantitative PhD graduate with experience to drive model applications, present outputs and interact with field practitioners and stakeholders.
This is a fixed term (two years), full time position based at the Nathan campus.
The position is required to manage a number of model applications to lakes and river basins, focusing attention on harmful algal blooms and generating scenarios to assist with bloom management and water quality restoration. The role will be multidisciplinary, involving applications of models to integrate physical, chemical and biological processes, as well as interacting with social scientists and economists to extend the reach and relevance of model simulations.
The successful candidate will have a PhD in a relevant field with research experience in applications of numerical models to aquatic systems. You will be an enthusiastic individual who is committed to becoming an integral part of the research team.
Salary range: Research Fellow, Grade 1: $70,744 - $83,217 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $82,771 - $97,364 per annum.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description
- Brief covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Closing date: Wednesday, 31 May 2017 at 5 pm AEST.
Applications close at 5pm on the closing date. All applications must be submitted online.
Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
For further information about this role, please contact Professor David Hamilton, Deputy Director, Australian Rivers Institute by email: email@example.com or on +61 (0) 7 3735 6723. For application queries, please contact Ms Jagoda Piatkowska, HR Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 6658.