JOB ID: 170257
SALARY RANGE: $90,779 - $107,553 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed-term
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of nutrition science. This will include:
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology
- An emerging reputation in research and scholarship, through publication or exhibition in quality outlets
- Designing and implementing best practice assessment of student learning outcomes, and participating in assessment panels
- Representing the School or Faculty at academic, professional and civic forums
- PhD in Nutrition or a relevant field (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of multi-literacies and experience in teaching effectively in a technology-enhanced contemporary higher education environment
- Capacity to supervise research students in areas of proven research activity.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equal Opportunity principles and practices, and Occupational Health and Safety
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the staff of the Faculty and School and with other members of the University
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 4 June 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here.
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit our website.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Dr Alison Booth, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Tel +61 3 9251 7211, Email firstname.lastname@example.org