- 1 year part time 0.5 FTE (37.5 hours per fortnight) appointment available
- Salary range: Level 5 Step 1 $67,114 pro rata p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The School of Molecular Sciences within the Faculty of Science, is a large, research intensive School with 80 staff, 80 PhD students, and more than 600 undergraduate students. The School is committed to achieving international excellence in teaching, research and service.
The position is within one of the largest and most internationally reputable human lactation research groups. It is situated in the School of Molecular Sciences and has labs at Physiology and King Edward Memorial Hospital.
About the opportunity
This Graduate Research Assistant position will be to assist in both breastfeeding and pumping studies by setting up the study equipment, maintaining the equipment, downloading data, liaising with participants and assisting during the studies.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualification
- Relevant experience and expertise in the lactation field.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Capacity to liaise effectively and relate well to research staff and students
We are looking for a highly motivated and suitably experienced individual that displays exceptional communication skills, with proven ability to work both independently and co-operatively as part of a team.
Closing date: Sunday 11 June 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316282.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.