JOB ID: 170269
SALARY RANGE: $110,906 - $127,681 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Lecturer will be will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of food safety.
This will include:
- Making a significant contribution within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity
- Researching and publishing in learning and teaching, including testing the effectiveness of innovations designed to improve student and graduate outcomes including graduate employment
- Designing and implementing best practice assessment and evidence of student learning outcomes at Unit and Course level, and leading assessment panels
- PhD in food science, nutrition or a relevant field
- A record of achievement in contributing to undergraduate and post graduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn
- The ability to develop a food safety research program within the Centre for Advanced Sensory Science and Food
- Demonstrated commitment to Equal Opportunity principles and practices, and Occupational Health and Safety
- Ability to adapt to changes in the environment and effectively meet new challenges
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Russell Keast, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Tel +61 3 9244 6944, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 4 June 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit our website.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.