JOB ID: 170270
SALARY RANGE: $90,779 - $107,553 pa pro rata (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time and fixed term to 31 December 2019
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Research Fellow (Grade 2) will initiate and conduct research in the area of metabolism and vascular physiology focused on health and disease (e.g. obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease). This will include:
- Initiate and conduct research under limited supervision either as a member of a team, or independently (where appropriate), to achieve the objectives of various research projects.
- Conduct research and engage in scholarly publication, personally and in research teams and prepare findings/results for oral and written communication, producing or contributing to the production of conference and seminar papers and publications from that research.
- Constructively contribute to a vibrant research team by guiding the research effort of junior colleagues.
- A relevant doctoral qualification or equivalent qualification.
- Post-doctoral research experience, which has resulted in publications, conference papers, or reports, which give evidence of research ability.
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to maintain a high standard of laboratory and data record keeping.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 28 May 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit our website.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Michelle Keske, Tel: +61 3 9246 8850, E-mail: email@example.com