JOB ID: 170261
SALARY RANGE: $110,906 - 127,681 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE The Senior Lecturer will be will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of public health nutrition. This will include:
- Making a significant contribution within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) with an emerging reputation at the national level
- Making a significant contribution to the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda
- Counselling and mentoring students, including referring students to University services
- PhD in Nutrition or a relevant field
- A record of achievement in contributing to undergraduate and post graduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn
- Significant experience in supervising research students
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of partnerships with professional associations (particularly in the nutrition and dietetics sector), and domestic or overseas educational institutions and industry
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Karen Campbell Population Nutrition, Telephone +61 3 5227 8414, Email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 4 June 2017 We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
TO APPLY For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.