- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact. Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Project Services, University Services
Salary: $111,812 - $116,332 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Project Manager is a member of the Business improvement and Information Technology (BI&IT) Team which sits within the Project Services portfolio.
About the role
A highly capable project manager with enterprise level experience across a range of project types and methodologies required. As Project Manager you will be responsible for planning, leading and delivering complex, multi-disciplinary business improvement and IT projects and to manage key relationships within the University to ensure project and service outcomes for clients. The University of Melbourne is a diverse and complex organisation, with every project offering new and interesting challenges and opportunities.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification with significant relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant significant experience and/or education and training
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large ($250k-$3m+) business improvement and IT projects in one or more of the following areas: IT infrastructure, enterprise applications, cloud solution implementations, business process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients and stakeholders through the full project life cycle to identify, source / develop and implement solutions that meet requirements and enable realisation of business benefits.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor and apply project management methodologies including PMbok, Prince 2 and Agile
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://hr.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Culture The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures. † The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 28 May 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria 0037923.pdf