Children's Services Wellbeing
Salary: $63,707 - $67,613 p.a (pro rata for part time) plus 9.5% superannuation
About the role
The University of Melbourne's Children's Services is recruiting an Early Childhood Educator (Diploma). This is a full time fixed term position. We need skilled and a committed Educator who can plan and deliver programs, reflect on their work and who enjoy building relationships with young children and their families. In addition, the successful applicant will be able to work well in a team and understand the expectations of the National Quality Framework, including 'Belonging, Being and Becoming', the National Early Years Learning Framework.
Attractive salary and conditions, well-resourced centres, and professional development opportunities. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply with consideration given to all applications. Nine day fortnight.
Join our team as we implement the National Quality Framework by providing high quality, innovative early childhood programs for the children of staff and students of the University.
- Approved Diploma level qualification in children's services or approved equivalent qualification, with relevant experience in long day care or other early childhood settings.
- Understanding of the National Quality Framework, including the National Quality Standard, Early Years Learning Framework and Regulations.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to provide feedback to families and colleagues.
- Ability to actively reflect on practice, and willingness to engage in continuing professional development, contribute to the centre program, and participate in research projects as appropriate.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Close date: 22 May 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria