Design and Creative Practice Enabling Capability Platforms Postdoctoral Fellow Scholarship Create the future of design and creative practice. The Enabling Capability Platforms (ECP) Design and Creative Practice arm has created a new scholarship for emerging researchers making an impact.
Design, creative practice, digital media, ethnography, cultural and media studies, sociology.
Areas of Expertise
- design thinking & social enterprise
- design & health
- playful mobile data & mapping
- ethnographic, creative and interdisciplinary methods with an emphasis
- upon alternative modes of impact
The Design and Creative Practice ECP Postdoctoral Scholarship has been established to attract outstanding emerging researchers to RMIT University. The Scholarship provides an opportunity for new researchers to further build their research career supported with research training and mentorship. The objectives of the Scholarship are to:
- attract talented, recent doctoral graduates in areas of research priority for the Design and Creative Practice ECP;
- recruit researchers who have the potential to carry out team-based research projects, which will make a significant impact in the area of their specialisation and be influential in expanding the knowledge of their relevant discipline; and
- promote research that aligns with RMIT's research strategy.
To view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number #557120
Duration and Value
The University will fund the Fellowship for a fixed term of three years commencing at Level B2 in the University salary schedule ($93,493 plus superannuation).
To be considered for the Scholarship, applicants must:
- have completed a PhD within the five years prior to appointment to the position, and
- do not currently hold a continuing academic appointment with the University.
Applicants must have an ability to contribute to research collaborations and programs across the Creative and Design Practice. For more information on the DCP ECP research focus please see: http://www.rmit.edu.au/research/researchexpertise/our-focus.
How to Apply
Before applying for the Scholarship, contact the Design & Creative Practice ECP and establish if your research is aligned with RMIT's research focus and strengths.
Contact details for the relevant ECP Director are listed under 'Key Contacts' below. To apply for the Scholarship, you need to email the following to Distinguished Professor Larissa Hjorth, email@example.com:
- a cover letter, this should detail alignment with research areas at RMIT,
- your answers to the key selection criteria outlined in the position description (see attached), and
- your Curriculum Vitae
Open date Applications are now open.
Close date Applications will close 30th May 2017, 5pm AEST.
Key Contacts Distinguished Professor Larissa Hjorth, Design & Creative Practice ECP Director Tel: +61 3 9925 3960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org