- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Administration and Finance
Salary: $95,844 - $103,739 p.a. (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
The Senior Corporate Finance Analyst is a member of Administration and Finance portfolio within the Chancellery.
About the role
The Senior Corporate Finance Analyst work with and assist the Director Corporate Finance to:
- Oversee and monitor the University's strategic infrastructure plan, determine the related capital expenditure budget, and develop appropriate funding strategies.
- Oversee investment reporting and manage relationships with fund managers and investment consultants who manage the University's financial investments
- Manage the efficient and effective allocation of the University's financial resources.
- Develop functional excellence for finance and establish, foster and maintain strong working relationships across the University.
- This exciting full-time position is available for six months.
- Undergraduate degree in commerce, business or economics;
- Moderate experience in corporate finance, treasury or investments;
- Demonstrated expert skills in financial modelling and analysis;
- Demonstrated report writing skills;
- Experience in large complex organisation/s operating in a capital intensive industries;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong commercial acumen and risk awareness;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work across multiple diverse projects co-currently;
- Desirable: Relevant post graduate and or professional qualifications (e.g. Masters in Finance, CPA, CA or CFA).
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 27 Mar 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria*
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria