- Do you have a sound understanding and interest in human ethics research principles?
- Are you able to provide high-level support and advice to a diverse range of research projects?
- A rare part-time opportunity to job share in this strategic role!
The Human Research Ethics Coordinator (SIS) provides leadership and support to CSIRO staff in their attendance to ethical research activity and assists with the ethical review and approval processes for social and interdisciplinary research within CSIRO. The HREC Co-ordinator (SIS) works closely with the Executive Manager Social Responsibility and Ethics and receives administrative support from the Ethics Administration Officer.
This part-time position (30 hours per fortnight), would ideally suit an experienced research ethics administrator or mid-career research scientist with an interest in human research ethics. The role provides an opportunity to broaden your experience, gain exposure to, and provide design input, support and advice to a diverse range of research projects in relation to human ethics.
Specifically you will:
- Provide advice and support to research staff regarding ethics issues in the development and design of their projects and the development and submission of ethics applications.
- Work with the ethics committee Chair and committee members to review ethics applications and ensure effective feedback to individual applicants within agreed time frames for review.
- In conjunction with the Executive Manager Social Responsibility and Ethics, liaise with Project Leaders and provide advice and support in regard to any issues or complaints that arise during the conduct of research.
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of a human research ethics awareness, training and support program across CSIRO.
- Maintain comprehensive ethics records including ethics database to ensure compliance with NHMRC guidelines and CSIRO policies.
Location: Dutton Park, QLD
Salary: $92K-$100K plus up to 15.4% super(pro-rata)
Tenure: 3 Year, 3 months Term Appointment
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in the field of social or health sciences, preferably at a postgraduate level, and/ or equivalent experience in a research environment.
- Sound understanding of relevant national ethics guidelines, human research ethics principles and the application of these principles to social and interdisciplinary research.
- Sound understanding of social science research methods and the use of these methods in a variety of settings.
- Ability to effectively interpret policies, procedures and guidelines in order to provide clear and consistent advice and support to staff and the CSIRO Social Science Human Research Ethics Committee on the ethical conduct of research.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 9 April 2017.