- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Infrastructure Services, University Services
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Apple Platforms Analyst / Developer which sits within the Infrastructure Services portfolio.
About the role
The position of Apple Platforms Analyst / Developer is responsible for the operational (day to day) activities of the Apple platforms within the Client Computing team. The role is responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality cost effective services to meet the needs of the University and its partners.
The incumbent will utilise the Apple technology platforms and tools to support Apple based Client Computing Services.
The role assists in the development, testing, release and support of the devices that are managed by the Client computing team and is expected to maintain and foster existing strong working relationships with other key stakeholders across Academic Divisions, other University Services groups and partners.
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience with Apple Technologies.
- Demonstrated technical experience in managing and supporting Apple devices in a large organisation or education environment.
- Experience in automation using scripting languages such as AppleScript, Bash or Python.
- Experience and or knowledge of macOS software packaging, Boot Camp, JAMF Casper suit and MDM.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 1 Mar 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria