The School of Applied Psychology currently has 51 academic staff and a number of research fellows across two campuses (Gold Coast and Mount Gravatt), whose teaching and research interests span organisational, clinical, cognitive, social, developmental forensic, health and experimental psychology. The position will be primarily based at the Mt Gravatt campus, however the successful applicant will be expected to do some teaching and / or supervision at their non-resident campus as required.
This is a continuing, full time position primarily based at the Mount Gravatt campus, however the successful applicant will also be required to work on other campuses of the University.
The Lecturer, Organisational Psychology will have a proven strong commitment to teaching excellence, and will actively and effectively supervise fourth year, masters and PhD research student projects. The Lecturer, Organisational Psychology will bring experience in professional supervision and have a track record of research or scholarship. The role will also actively contribute toward administrative service and course coordination within the School.
The appointee will have a PhD in Psychology with demonstrated knowledge and skills in teaching and curriculum development at the tertiary education level in Organisational Psychology. They must have a proven ability in the administration of University courses and be able to supervise Honours, masters and PhD research students. The appointee will also have a proven track record in conducting and publishing quality research, capacity to attract internal and external research grant funding and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and readiness to contribute to both the School and University.
Lecturer, Level B: $89,357 - $106,114 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $104,548 - $124,154 per annum.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description - PD_104102_Lecturer_Organisational Psychology
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Applications close at 5pm on the closing date. All applications must be submitted online.
For further information about this role, please contact Associate Professor Liz Jones, Program Director, Organisational Psychology, School of Applied Psychology on +61 (0) 7 3735 3365. For application queries, please contact Ms Jacquii Nicholls, HR Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 7869.
Closing date: Monday, 20 February 2017 at 5 pm AEST.