JOB ID: 170062
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) fixed term for 3 years
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director, Deakin Smart Energy Solutions, will provide leadership in positioning Deakin University as a preferred partner for industry and government in the delivery of innovative solutions to the sustainable electrical energy supply challenges facing modern society.
This will include:
- Contributing to the development of Deakin as a nationally and internationally recognised centre of excellence that is client responsive and financially viable, generating significant commercial and competitive research income through strong and effective partnerships and collaborations with external stakeholders.
- Planning, managing and being responsible for the effective development and allocation of resources to achieve key strategic research initiatives.
- Coordination and management of stakeholder engagement, communications and relationships on key projects
- A relevant PhD with a record of research and publication in a discipline related to energy generation, distribution and/or storage, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education.
- Highly developed leadership and management skills with demonstrated success in the development, coordination and delivery of complex programs, including managing government stakeholders and industry partnerships in the areas of energy generation, distribution and/or storage.
- Strong professional industry and government networks related to the areas of energy generation, distribution and/or storage, nationally and internationally.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Richard Shields, Director, Charterhouse Partnership, Telephone: +61 3 8610 6135, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 5 March 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here:
For a full copy of the position description please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin. Applications to be directed to Richard Shields, Director, Charterhouse Partnership via email to email@example.com. All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.