- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Believe Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the role
The Donor Relations Officer (Reporting) reports to the Head of Donor Relations within the Development unit of the Advancement Office. In this role you will work closely with colleagues across Advancement, Faculties and divisions of the University, to deliver a robust and streamlined donor reporting program. You will have skills in data analysis complemented by a strong understanding of the role of donor relations and stewardship in the advancement of the University. You will be required to manage often delicate enquiries from donors, and prepare and distribute written communications that require a high level of research, liaison, collaboration and accuracy. This position will provide high level financial expertise and championing of the endowment database for the team.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- You will hold a tertiary level qualification in any discipline with relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
- You can demonstrate high level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to craft copy for donor reports using appropriate donor centric language.
- You have experience in trust administration and/or an understanding of the legal and compliance requirements of trusts administration as a basis for annual endowment reporting.
- Your attention to detail is excellent, particularly in relation to the management and analysis of data.
- You will possess an understanding of the fundraising cycle and the role of stewardship and donor relations to advance the university.
- You have a proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 23 Feb 2017
Position Description (includes Selection Criteria or Core Accountabilities and Competencies)