- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $77,207 - $83,573 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Educational Technologist (Online Learning Systems) sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Educational Technologist (Online Learning Systems) will provide specialist professional support for the central Learning Environments instance of Blackboard Learn 9.1 Learning Management System (LMS) and related educational technology services at the University. The role will be responsible for providing relevant technical and system service and administrative support.
The position will primarily provide responsive user support to staff, and assist with service delivery management tasks and responsibilities, including integrations with identity and subject integrations through to supporting end user integrations with other educational technologies. The position will also assist teaching staff understand and apply effective educational strategies to enhance learning and teaching practices with the LMS as required.
The position is located within the Academic & Learning Systems Support (ALSS) team, which is part of the Learning Environments unit, and works closely with Infrastructure Services.
The position is fixed term for 12 months, and will report to the Senior Manager, Academic & Learning Systems Support.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with strong relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrable experience in managing or administering Blackboard Learn 9.1 in large institutional deployments and associated teaching and learning technologies
- Ability to develop and implement practical and sustainable solutions in a high pressure support environment, particularly in response to user support requests, and to generally improve outcomes for users of online learning and course evaluation systems
- Knowledge of the meaningful utilisation of system information and analytics in order to maximise the potential of academic use of learning technologies, particularly the LMS, and to contribute to quality improvement processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and active participation in keeping up-to-date in current application of technologies to learning and teaching
- Demonstrated ability to manage personal workloads within a highly productive operational and strategic team that seeks to generate high levels of client satisfaction
- Highly developed communication skills, with the capacity to design and deliver excellent coaching and training, and the ability to facilitate knowledge sharing; a strong service ethic and commitment to detail and accuracy, engagement in continuous improvement, and innovative approaches to problem solving
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 1 Mar 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria