- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Academic Skills Adviser sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
The Academic Skills Adviser is responsible for providing effective support to undergraduate and graduate students in all Faculties and Graduate Schools of the University (including non-Parkville sites). This support includes the provision of high level individual tuition, workshop programs, and resource materials with the intent to enhance students' language, academic and professional skills.
The incumbent is also responsible for providing online support for academic and language skills programs, including moderation and program development.
This position reports to the Program Manager, Sciences.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Teaching qualifications at secondary or tertiary level (e.g. Diploma of Education), or an equivalent combination of teaching experience at tertiary level and education/training
- Tertiary TESOL qualifications and/or significant experience in second language teaching
- Sound understanding of academic and professional skills
- Demonstrated experience in teaching academic and/or language and communication skills in a university environment
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 23 Feb 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria