- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. Led by Campaign Chairman, Mr Allan Myers AO QC, the Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Regular Giving and Direct Marketing, the Regular Giving Officer - Data and Marketing is responsible for supporting the delivery of all Regular Giving programs to increase philanthropic giving to the University.
Working with Advancement services, you will generate descriptive, diagnostic and predictive reports and insights and utilise data amalgamation and enrichment techniques to perform deep dive analytics. In this role you will also be responsible for maintaining the telethon calling database and advising on Regular Giving segmentation and marketing techniques; giving insights as to who to ask via what methods of solicitation.
You will assist in gaining support from individual donors; primarily alumni, staff, students and members of the wider University community to drive donors to the University. Success is measured in income and donor numbers, in terms of participation, acquisition and renewal rates. The Regular Giving program's focus is on donations varying in size from a few dollars up to several thousand dollars.
The Regular Giving program currently solicits donations through a student-led telethon program, direct mail (DM), electronic direct mail (eDM) and associated social media, staff giving, and an on-campus student program. These programs are undertaken on behalf of and in conjunction with Faculties and divisions across the University.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (e.g. statistical analytics / communications / marketing / project management) or relevant experience in data and manipulation, particularly with data pertaining to stakeholder engagement and using languages such as SWL and TSQL
- Deep understanding and knowledge in customer relationship management (CRM) systems, processes and customer relationship data
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in high-level analytical skills
- Practical understanding of business statistics
- Ability to advise on appropriate segmentation models in relation to audience and communication channel
- Professional working knowledge and experience in business intelligence (BI) reporting (i.e. Microsoft BI, COGNOS, Oracle BI etc), and data visualisations using Power BI
- Ability to solve problems and show initiative
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise work to meet competing deadlines
- Willingness to work outside of 'normal' business hours when required
- A strong affinity for the institution
- Experience working in a University or not-for-profit is desirable
- Experience maintaining telethon software and reporting on regular giving initiatives as well as using data analysis in a Regular Giving environment is also desirable
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Feb 2017
Position Description (includes Selection Criteria or Core Accountabilities and Competencies)