- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. Led by Campaign Chairman, Mr Allan Myers AO QC, the Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the role
The Regular Giving Coordinator - Telethon reports to the Head of Regular Giving and Direct Marketing within the Advancement Office. In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of all Regular Giving programs (with a particular focus on the telethon/phonathon) to increase philanthropic giving to the University by gaining support from individual donors, alumni, staff, students and members of the wider University community. Success is measured in income and donor numbers in terms of participation, acquisition and renewal rates.
The Regular Giving program currently solicits donations through a student-led telethon program, direct mail (DM), electronic direct mail (eDM) and associated social media, staff giving, and an on-campus student program. These programs are undertaken on behalf of Faculties and divisions across the University.
As a member of the Alumni and Stakeholder Relationships Team, the Regular Giving Coordinator - Telethon will contribute to the delivery of the calendar of activities, with particular responsibility for the planning and delivery of the student telethon program whilst also offering assistance in other Regular Giving initiatives.
This exciting full-time position is available for 6 months.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (e.g. Marketing / Communications / fundraising / project management), with fundraising, marketing and/or communications experience
- Experience in working in a call centre or telethon / phonathon environment or in face to face fundraising
- Excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse and high achieving team
- Understanding and ability to motivate students
- Strong people skills with a high level of cross-cultural awareness and ability to liaise with a broad and diverse range of people
- Willingness to work outside of 'normal' business hours (evenings and Saturdays) when needed
- A strong affinity for the institution
- Experience working in a University / not-for-profit will be highly regarded.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Feb 2017
Position Description (includes Selection Criteria or Core Accountabilities and Competencies)