| REF: 498269 |
- Tenurable position
- An exciting opportunity is available to join an internationally renowned academic group at the UWA Business School
- Appointment with an expected commencement for semester 2, 2017 or semester 1, 2018
- Salary range: Level B $96,201 - $114,250 p.a. or Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a. (depending on the expertise of the successful applicant)
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Marketing Discipline in the UWA Business School is a centre of excellence in marketing management, marketing thought, entrepreneurship and innovation. It brings together a number of internationally renowned researchers and contributes to an array of business undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
About the role
As the appointee, you will provide academic development in entrepreneurship and innovation, and will contribute to the effective teaching of the foundations of entrepreneurship and one of the major areas of entrepreneurship such new venture creation, corporate entrepreneurship, innovation management, and technology commercialisation. In addition to this, you will contribute to the research strengths of the Discipline, including the pursuit of competitive research grants and regular publication in high quality academic journals, the supervision of research higher degree students; and academic administration and service activities.
You will be encouraged to work collaboratively in research with colleagues both within and external to the School and significantly develop their suite of teaching and research competencies each year. The Discipline aims to ensure that its goals of excellence in teaching and research are consistent with individuals' personal aspirations.
Expertise is required in one or more of the major areas of entrepreneurship, including new venture creation, corporate entrepreneurship, innovation management, and technology commercialisation; course and program development experience (for Senior Lecturer level); and collaboration experience with stakeholders in the entrepreneurship ecosystem, including entrepreneurs, commercialisation offices, business incubators, venture capitalists, and government agencies will be highly regarded.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD qualification in Entrepreneurship or near completion in a similar discipline
- A strong research focus with an ability to undertake research and publish in high quality international peer-reviewed journals
- Show evidence of a willingness to direct and supervise honours and postgraduate research students
- A personal contribution and commitment to high quality teaching
- Willingness to be involved in school policy development and administrative matters
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Friday 10 March 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
A teaching portfolio is recommended evidence of teaching experience.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 301803,304162.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.