Exploring the potential applications for 3D printing technology
The University of Wollongong and CSIRO Manufacturing are offering a series of limited edition scholarship opportunities for post-graduate research students that aim to expand the capabilities and explore the potential applications for 3D printing technology.
Students will be able to access world-class facilities available in UOW and CSIRO, including the latest additive manufacturing equipment, materials synthesis, characterisation facilities and systems for testing and evaluation.
Students will spend a significant amount of their PhD candidature working in the CSIRO Manufacturing laboratories at Clayton, Melbourne, or Lindfield, Sydney.
Each scholarship holder will be enrolled at UOW and will be co-supervised by UOW and CSIRO leading researchers as outlined in the scholarship.
Applications are invited for following scholarships:
- Synthetic elastomers for 3D printing for soft robotics
- Synthetic elastomers for 3D printing for bioprinting
- Development and evaluation of new biologically-based materials for bio-printing cells
- Engineering and application of 3-dimensional scaffolds for neural network information
- In-situ micro-XRD measuring of micron-scale microstructures in 3D additive manufacturing for functionally graded materials
- Managing waste in Indigenous communities through 3D printing centric circular economy
More information on each scholarship and eligibility criteria is available from: http://globalchallenges.uow.edu.au/phdscholars/UOW225340
Value and duration: The scholarship is valued at AUD$26,682 p.a. for up to 3.5 years.
Applications must address the selection criteria outlined in the individual scholarships and ensure eligibility requirements are met. Please provide your CV and include a brief cover letter outlining your research interests. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Please ensure you include the title and the number of the scholarship you are applying for. For enquiries please email the lead supervisor of the relevant scholarship using the weblink above.
Applications close midnight on January 22, 2016.